Friday, January 30, 2009

The curse of the blue screen of death

Over the Christmas break, while spending time doing familial things, the topic of our family being cursed with computers came up. My dad is convinced that this is the reason why he's such a good software quality engineer - because he breaks things easily and can find bugs nobody else can. My sister was quite upset with this, as she now attributes this family curse to the reason why she has killed several laptops in the past within three months. At the time, I dismissed this sentiment as mere superstition.

However, after installing Ubuntu because I heard it was less memory intensive and more stable than Vista (which I had no problems with, but wanted to branch out into something different for a change), it has repeatedly refused to play Flash movies, or play Flash movies and music at the same time, or (at this moment) refuse to play anything ever.

While I am still dismissing our family curse as mere superstition, it's certainly coincidental enough for me to consider becoming a software quality engineer as well.

No comments: