Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Tales from the polls

My sister and I went to go early vote, and she gave me an Obama sticker while in the car. I slapped it on my shirt and didn't think a second thought about it. However, when we arrived at the polling station, the nice volunteer lady kindly reminded me that wearing a sticker like that is considered "electioneering" and I could lose my right to vote if I continued to wear it.


I meekly apologized and then went to vote. As I was waiting for my sister to finish voting outside the room, a lady who I had never seen before walks by hurriedly but takes the time to look at me with a disgusted look on her face and snarkily announce, "I could have told you that you shouldn't have worn that sticker. But I thought you knew better."


Confused, I asked, "I'm sorry?" But she had already left. It ruined my voting experience for about five minutes until I realized this was actually what I was asking for on Facebook a couple days ago (but failed receiving): misguided hate that I could laugh about for years to come.

No comments: